Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Cozies

I grew up in a place that didn't have much in the way of changing seasons. Then I went to college in the mountain west and then got married and moved around a bit within the rocky mountain states. My mother, bless her heart, doesn't really know much about winter weather, having grown up in southern California and then never spent much time in snowy climes. I had to learn about winter living on my own.

So, for a long time I HATED winter. I dreaded the snow and I didn't know why anyone would choose to live somewhere that had a snowy winter. I have changed a bit since. I learned how to deal with winter. Then I started to think it wasn't so bad for a month or so. Now, I wouldn't say I love winter, but you know what? I kind of like it. I sort of like when we get a huge snow storm and the day before, everyone is at the grocery store stocking up on essentials. And then, when the storm comes, dropping something like 8 inches overnight, it's kind of fun to just hunker down and watch The Office reruns and eat creamy, cheesy soups.

Anyway, I have a few things I'd love to have for the coming coldy days and nights.
1/2/3/4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment